Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's done

My dad has a new lung. I haven't been inspired to write about it or much of anything until now. It all came about so quickly, I really didn't have time to feel it. He was put on the transplant waiting list on November 17, and was called to come in for the surgery on the November 19th. A two-day wait is unheard of. It has been a stressful two weeks since the surgery, but now I'm finally starting to feel excited. It has taken me this long to accept that so many things are out of my control. His recovery is going well, he's had a few issues along the way, but the new lung is doing great. He is breathing without the assistance of oxygen for the first time in years. He has a long road ahead of him and a strict medication and exercise regimen to follow. It's all in his hands now. 

No comments: